Monday, January 23, 2017

THE BEST PALE HIGHLIGHTERS

*Reminder that clicking underlined names will lead you to their exact website to order*

We all experience the struggle finding the perfect highlighters for ourself. Originally, I wanted to make this post for the fellow holy ghosts, the pale, and it spiraled into finding unique and one of a kind highlighters I had to share! I strayed away from big brands and focused on the small indie and Etsy brands - and boy I found some good ones! I've included vegan and/or cruelty free brands, and I've also chosen brands both on the cheaper and more expensive side. Note I am not listing these in order of favorites!

Some important info before I start, I wanted to state that these highlighters come in different sizes which provide different amounts of product. The bigger the pan, the more product.

26mm pans normally have 1.5 grams of product.
36mm pans normally have 2.5 grams of product
44mm pans normally have 7 grams of product
57mm pans normally have 10 grams of product

Lala's Cosmetics Shop: This is a brand in North Carolina which is Etsy based and provides cosmetics from shadows to highlighters. These cosmetics are made with crazy pigmentation and is ideal for those with sensitive skin. I had the chance to try 5 of their highlighters, which I tried to test one compatible for each undertone plus a unique one of a kind one. Lala's Rainbow is a multicolor super pigmented highlighter, I love this one for making a statement. Sassy is a matte subtle glow, but still pigmented. Candy Kid has to be my favorite in their collection, it's extremely buttery and pigmented. It glows for days. Both Candy Kissed and Frozen are color themed marble highlighters, with I felt Candy Kissed perfect for people with pink undertones and Frozen being amazing for neutral undertones. These highlighters are 44mm for $11.95.

*THE OWNER WAS GENEROUS ENOUGH TO GIVE THE CODE EMBER25 FOR 25% OFF $35 OR MORE (NON COMMISSION CODE)*


Mermaid Cosmetics: This Kansas based Etsy store is vegan friendly and makes some pretty unique highlighters. Something I was surprised about with these highlighters is that even though they look white in the pan, after swatching the color shifts into different colors when reflecting light. Talk about feeling like a mermaid! These are $6 for a 26mm and $10 for a 36mm. Photos and swatches don't really do the shifting justice, these are a real beauty!


Makeup Slayve: These highlighters have a-may-zing pigmentation. They are super shimmery which I love with a highlighter. Being pale, shimmer is something I have to count on with the perfect highlighter. It was hard to get the camera to focus on my swatches the glow was real. I'm not sure of the price of these yet, but they are worth a shot for that Makeup Slayve pigmentation! 



Heaven's Dirt: I've never seen anything quite like this. Heaven's Dirt is on Etsy, and is from New Jersey. This shop sells tons of aesthetic beach-y and hippie inspired jewelry, but in the middle of this they make amazingly gorgeous and one of a kind seashell highlighters. This isn't a highlighter in a shell compact, but highly pigmented highlighters inside of a real, actual shell. The shells were collected as a child along the beaches of North Carolina. Getting these, you're truly getting something one of a kind. Each shell has a great amount of product and for $25, it's definitely worth the glow.



Tomb Service: If you want to literally glow 24/7, this is the place to get your highlighter. Tomb Service makes the one and only glow in the dark highlighter! This highlighter comes in a huge 57mm pan and with one swatch of a finger on the back of my hand; I turned the light off to find an instant rave. Lights on and natural light, this highlighter has a iridescent green shimmer. ($19.99)


JS Aesthetics: I had to share a brand like this, because these are liquid illuminators! These cute highlighting illumizers come in dropper tubes which allows you to both go for the glow and mix it in with your foundation for a more glowing look overall! These drops are very similar and great dupes for the CoverFX drops. For $12 you get a 0.5 fl oz dropper bottle, and with the option to create a custom color the possibilities are endless. 



*THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO UPDATING AS NEW HIGHLIGHTERS ARE ADDED*