Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Pale Guide To Foundations

STOP! Before you go any further! I've added followers to my blog, so if you want to help a fellow pale gal out and get more tips about being the holy ghost, please look to the right of the page and hit FOLLOW.


Many of us true ghostly white girls know this problem, a brand that makes a foundation tone that's actually light enough for our skin. Ever since starting makeup, I've driven the struggle bus to find foundations that didn't make my face a different color than the rest of me. Other porcelain girls, ya know the prob? Here is my absolute faves (and not so faves) for the guide to your perfect porcelain self. 

*photos and swatches at the end of post

1. Kat Von D Beauty - Lock-It Light 42 ($35). Not going to lie, I bought my bottle from a trusted resale shop. I am aware that there's now a Light 41 - which would probably be even greater - but I don't believe it was released when I snagged mine. This shade is always, and I mean 99.999% of the time, SOLD OUT. Which is why I snagged it from a resale as soon as this baby popped up. The PERFECT. PALE. FOUNDATION. This baby had a almost full coverage. It's semi-lightweight, comes out thick, and it will look cakey until it's blended out. I only use half a pump to cover my whole face. Would I buy again? ABSOLUTELY.

2. Make-Up Atelier Paris - Fluid Foundation - FLW1B ($4-$40). I can proudly add this one beneath KVD as it's one of my favorites. I received a ton of samples from the website to find my tone, and even being super pale they have a HUGE variety of pale foundations. This is a complete full coverage foundation, lightweight, and one of my favorites. The only thing I didn't like about this foundation was a tiny aroma it has to it. This is a silicone based foundation.

3. Glo Minerals - Luxe Liquid Foundation SPF 18 - Porcelain ($56). This foundation is liquidy but a nice coverage for being as much as it is. The packaging is very similar to the Too Faced Born This Way foundations. I've only wore this foundation maybe only a handful of times, mainly because of the dewy finish (I prefer matte), but with powder foundation and/or setting powder I can completely be alright with the foundation. I love that this product is moisturizing and SPF 18, but for the price it retails at I don't think I would buy.

4. Nyx Cosmetics - Stay Matte but Not Flat - Ivory ($7.50). This was my first foundation when I started blogging about makeup that I stuck with for a long time. This foundation had more of an yellow undertone that didn't suit my face, as it made me look a little darker than I was (PUH-LEASE Nyx, make an Ivory with a neutral undertone I beg of you). This is a medium coverage foundation, but I believe you could possibly layer it to make it more full. Even though I used to swear by this foundation, it clings to the lord all mighty dry skin and hurdles around any sight of imperfections. Putting this on and living in the south, after a while of shopping at the local outdoor mall I felt like I was melting away.

5. Juice Beauty - Perfecting Serum Foundation - Fair ($42). This is an extremely liquidy foundation which I found to have super sheer coverage. I could tell this was a water based formula because after letting it sit on the counter for a few days I could see the water rise to the top of the bottle. This foundation stinks, not as in it sucks, but the smell can be unbearable to those with sensitive noses.

6. YSL Beauty - Fusion Ink Foundation - B10 (Porcelain) ($60). This foundation was what I used before obtaining my KVD. Being itself just a tad darker than the Light 42, it still was pretty nice. This foundation is a buildable coverage, which tends to make it last not as long. Let's keep in mind I do have the sample 10mL size of this. I don't know why but first putting it on, when it hits a bad spot (acne, dry skin), it tends to cling to that area and gives you a tingly sensation. Overall, YSL B10 is very liquid lightweight and natural feeling.

7. Too Faced - Born This Way - Snow ($39). I don't want to dig deep into this one as it's completely too yellow for any closet vampire. If you have a lot more yellow tone to you - this is your foundation.





QUICK POWDER FOUNDATION RUN THROUGH