Monday, January 9, 2017

ALL ABOUT MY WIGS

Many questions I get a day have to do with my wigs and how I work with them.Whether it's where I get them, how I style them, or how I care for them; I have the answers to your questions.

My wigs come from various different websites, and none of my wigs have been bought in store. There are many different types of wigs, cap structure, etc...but my main wig preference would have to be synthetic lace front wigs. Lace Front wigs have a sheer lace in the front of the unit which can be cut off prior to being put on your head. The lace provides an illusion of a natural hair line, as well is the illusion of the hair being from your own scalp.


1. DonaLoveHair 2. TrendyWigs 3. EvaHairOfficial 4. MorningWigs 5. ImStyleWigs

COST OF WIGS:
$: <50 | $$: 50-100 | $$$: 100-150 | $$$$: 150-200 | $$$$$: 200+
I am only listing reviews for wig brands that are in my top favorites, and wig brands that I do not support anymore will be at the bottom of this post.


TrendyWigs ($$-$$$): This has to be my top wig websites to buy from. This is a fairly new brand that came up near the end of 2016. One of my all time favorite wigs is the Kylie wig that I've gotten from TrendyWigs. This website only has a small selection right now - but it's a really good one. Getting this wig I was AMAZED at how great the quality was and how realistic it looks. (Code Ember12 for 12% off)



Abhair ($-$$$): This website carries both lace front and cosplay wigs. I've found these wigs to be an extremely nice quality. I've curled the pink wig myself, which can tell you it's a plus since it's head resistant. I also have a brown wig that I've cut bangs into. The only downside to these wigs is unlike how others ship in their own boxes, these just come in the plastic wig bag. I didn't mind that over the stellar quality though. (Code Ember10 for 10% off)



Annabelle's Wigs ($-$$): This website does NOT have lace front wigs. One good way to get a cheaper side alright looking wig is to go for wigs that have bangs. Wigs with bangs I find a bit useless to buy them as lace fronts since you wont see the hairline. This can take some of the cost off the wigs since lace fronts tend to be more expensive, but wigs like this tend to have lower quality synthetic material. These wigs are not the most natural looking - but with the right work to them you can make them look better and more realistic then how they come.



DonaLoveHair ($$-$$$): The first wig brand I've ever had a wig from is DonaLoveHair. My first wig withstood being straightened, curled, straitened again. When my first wig from them saw its time after my many months of torture; I went back and got the same exact style in a different color. I will always have a profound love for this specific brand. (Code EmberXtelle for $8 off)



Wigs Brands I Don't Support:
HeaHair - Steals Photos from other brands/models and customer service is terrible
UniWigs - Types up fake reviews and takes models photos
MorningWigs - Steals photos from other brands/models